Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-04-2009

Installing Java-GNOME in Linux

Hello everyone,

I have Linux distribution Fedora 10 and I want to install the Java-GNOME package to develop native applications in Gnome desktop JAVA. To do this I need the Java-GNOME library. I use java-gnome-4.0.2 and I installed all the dependencies required for the deployment of this library. During installation, I have the following message:

Quote:
Identify operating system: Fedora Core
Check for required jar files:
- JUnit test framework found

Check Java compilers:
- Eclipse ecj works
- GNU gcj-C (bytecode mode) works

Check Java virtual machines:
- GNU gij works

Check native compiler:
- GNU gcj works
- GNU gcc compiling does not work

Select compiler: failed

No JNI header generator detected.

Failed to complete setup.
Thank you in advance.
Old 20-04-2009

Re: Installing Java-GNOME in Linux

hello , You Can Try The following command and i hope it will install the latest released version of the bindings library:

Quote:
# apt-get install java-gnome
As java-gnome 4.0 is a completely new from-the-ground-up implementation, it depends on a very modern version of GLib, GTK, and the other libraries in the GNOME stack. Being the remarkable Linux distribution it is, Ubuntu typically ships very recent releases of GNOME, so you will certainly have all the necessary prerequisites on any recently installed or upgraded system.
Old 20-04-2009

Re: Installing Java-GNOME in Linux

From what I understand, it's missing the header file to implement JNI programming language other than Java. Exactly. This file (jni.h) is not in the JRE. If you have a JRE only that can not go. You can find the file in the JDK. Then you may need to Arrange for the header file as is it seen by the system.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,