Thread: Which compiler is good

Which compiler is good

I became interested in the world of the computer not long ago (before I was in Basic programs on calculator), and I found support, and everything, but it remains a question to clarify, and I would need the advice of professionals, or people who often use compiler (or IDE) to tell me which is the best.

I selected 3 compilers (on download sites online... I'll take that free), but if you have other ideas, I'm open (I want to learn C / C++ yet, but I know the basic.

"Dev-C++: they say it is good IDE, but it has many updates and I have a computer on which Windows XP family, and I read in the a download site it plants bcp, is that true?

"Visual C++ Express Edition 2008" on it, they do not say great things. So, what is your opinion?

Code:: Blocks ": it looks pretty, but again, not much advice on the site ...? but the updates are more frequent.

Otherwise, basic, there is "Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition" but I'm starting to get into the C / C++ yet

What do you think? Which of the compiler you use, which is good? Other opinions? Which should I download, not having too many bugs, for a compiler that is good enough.

Re: Which compiler is good

I used Mingw and Dev C++. These are sets syntactic editor + compiler + environment development. They had been recommended by pros from my ex-boss, and they are very good.

For the compiler itself, Borland's reputation is well established. I also tried Visual, but I find it a little heavy.

Where I had difficulties is to find C compilers (not C++, therefore, objects) and interfaces with Windows, not generally documented.

If it is to make the pure C++ then it works good. Prefer Code:: Blocks to Devc since devc + + + + is no longer maintained.
    "Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition" is great but it is especially useful if you need to make the programming GUI windows using the Microsoft.NET framework.

Oh, yeah? Thank you, I forgot Cygwin. MinGW is really top!

You will see also later at the implementation level, for .exe directly executable under Vista, without the need for dll additives, but it is much later.
    Anyway, once you understand the language, generation procedure, etc... move from one environment to another, is nothing.