Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-04-2009

The best Ajax framework

I want to make Ajax development on my Java (J2EE). From your experience, what is the best Ajax framework since it must be:

1 - free
2 - compatible with all browsers
3 - complete (it allows things to develop complex and advanced)
4 - ... etc

Is it better to make Ajax framework with a low level such as JQuery, prototype ,.... Or to do with a framework for Java: DWR, ..?
Old 15-04-2009

Re: The best Ajax framework

- Do you want to do web apps to computer 'only' or compatible wap/mobile internet?
- Compatible with all browsers ... I think it should be limited a bit, if you already support IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox 3.0, Opera 9, Chrome 1, Safari 3
- 'Full' is subjective, 'complex and advanced things' it is even more!, Provides concrete and practical example of what you want
- ... So it's the same, it means nothing

It's almost as if you said: I want a house with everything, what should I do?
Old 15-04-2009

A framework for Ajax? What a strange question? You've already seen Ajax. This is nothing other than a small piece of Javascript on the client side, and a small piece of code usually on the server side. Therefore, the development environment you are using should be sufficient (for me it is a simple text editor and it allows me to develop quickly and without hassle apps with real pieces of Ajax inside).
Old 15-04-2009

@ fellah

- I want to make web applications for the Internet, regardless of the client who consults these sites (Computer, wap, ....). You're right, I must say: Compatible with most browsers and especially the new versions.
- complete (it allows things to develop complex and advanced): I mean it has many functions to do almost everything needed in Ajax! (and graphic charts, ...)

Conclusion: What is the best Ajax framework used in Java development (J2EE) (with many advantages over the other)? I think my question is clear!

@ XSI

You should know that there are Ajax framework to facilitate this work, cad files. Js prototype, jQuery, DWR, ... !
Old 15-04-2009

Warning there is a difference between using a JavaScript library (prototype, jQuery) that you can help manage your "requests" Ajax (including compatibility between browsers), but if you still code yourself your JavaScript lines, and use a framework like GWT that you can develop an application that uses Ajax but whose lines of JavaScript will be generated from your lines written in Java. I hope I was clear. If your choice is to use a library, I strongly recommend jQuery

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,