Thread: Developing a tool/application

Developing a tool/application

Hi All,

I have a requirement for a tool/application/website that can help me to audit the security groups that i own in Active Directory. I need an application that can do the following:

1. List the groups an owner owns (we have a database that contains group name, ads path, owner information hence the code can be linked with the database to get the information)

2. Owner of a group could select the group and veiw the members of that group (May be the code needs to be linked with AD to get the members of the group)

3. Using th tool we should be able to send the email to all the members of particular group( This is required for audit purpose. owner needs to check with the members of the group if they still needs access to the group or not hence need to send an email. As a group can have hundreds of members, sending a manual email to everyone is time consuming). The email should contain a link which can take the user probably to one of the interfaces of our tool- that we need to develop. It should ask the member- do you still need access to the group and have two choices- yes and No. If the user selects Yes and submits nothing should happen. If the member selects No and submits it , member should be automatically removed as a member of the group and the owner of the group should be notified about the change (through an email or something).

I am not sure which programming language or scripting can help me to achieve this application. Any help will be greatly appreciated. It would be great if someone can take it up for me. I can give you the information that you may need for this project. You can let me know your terms and conditions.......if both of us agree we can start working on it at the earliest.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Yogesh; 10-04-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Personal details removed.

Re: Developing a tool/application

I have some qestions for you,this will help to give you the Answer.

1. List the groups an owner owns (we have a database that contains group name, ads path, owner information hence the code can be linked with the database to get the information)
    Which database you will select to store your data SQL,Access or any other?

2. Owner of a group could select the group and veiw the members of that group (May be the code needs to be linked with AD to get the members of the group)
    For this you can set the workflow, In the workflow you just need to define the Group, list the member in it and accordingly you could view them.

3. Using th tool we should be able to send the email to all the members of particular group( This is required for audit purpose. owner needs to check with the members of the group if they still needs access to the group or not hence need to send an email. As a group can have hundreds of members, sending a manual email to everyone is time consuming). The email should contain a link which can take the user probably to one of the interfaces of our tool- that we need to develop. It should ask the member- do you still need access to the group and have two choices- yes and No. If the user selects Yes and submits nothing should happen. If the member selects No and submits it , member should be automatically removed as a member of the group and the owner of the group should be notified about the change (through an email or something).
    This will also comes under the same workflow, in that you just need to assign the e-mail ID to the member details, Once you are ready to launch the workflow it select all the members or the specific members of that group to send an notificantion via E-mail.

The programming language or the script you have to decide as you might be knowing your project details better.

Hope you understands it.

Regards