Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2009

Unable to keep transaction data updated in VB

Hi,

I created a transaction file in vb with data control and access that from backend. My problem is when customer enter transaction details of customer there is a chance of making wrong entry. If this wrong data try to modified , the dependent data is not going to modify.

I used the following formulas for maintaining balances of customer :
closing balance = openbal - payment + receipt
openbal = closingbal

like this , if user found that there is wrong entry in fist or second transaction if it modified the depending fields are to me modified, but it is not possible ,
so is there any program in vb to solve my problem.
Old 08-04-2009

Re: Unable to keep transaction data updated in VB

Well, I havent worked with named instances before, but I don't see why it would work any different between linking two sql servers on different machines. As long as you link the second instance to the first instance, you can do what you need to do on the first instance, then from the first instance you can insert into the 2nd instance...

The thing is I don't know what to do to get the data from the first instance to the second instance when the first instance is changed... to keep it simple lets say the first instance holds the database for an accounting application and the table in question holds Customer address records.

The second instance holds the database for another application and has a table to hold the same data as the table from the first instance. How do I go about making the table in the second instance automatically reflect changes or additions to the table in the first instance?
Old 08-04-2009

How do u create the tables and other things...using the "Server Explorer" on VS IDE(Left hand side tool window next to toolbox).
And now here is one problem, we have MDF file attached with the server. You have to close that window prior to run it for the test.

If this doesn't work, then As you are facing problem, "Server does not allow remote connections", you need to follow some steps to enable that.
Old 08-04-2009

The application you have suggested here need to have some more explanation as well as what you need to have in the future that also should be suggested clearly,and the things about the program you want will have very lengthy code.which can not be explained overhere.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,