Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2009

Installation problem Xcode.

Hello I tried to install Xcode on my iMac running on Leopard but the problem is that I made the mistake of installing the advent XcodeTools to install Xcode I read it and after real problem is that when I want to install Xcode, which is in developerTools and when the installation begins and result is Installation failed:
The next installation step failed: run preinstall for DeveloperTools. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

It can someone help me this would be really nice because I find that programming is really very nice

Thank you
Old 08-04-2009

Re: Installation problem Xcode.

hi
I think you have the same problem as me after the last security update. You need the latest version of Xcode but for that you must be registered with Apple.
Old 08-04-2009

Well I took my mac installation CD to see because Xcode is above normal but the problem is different this faith Xcode is installed but when I double click the Xcode launches Advent and even have a window which ' indicates the action has unexpectedly quit .... Yet Xcode and all XcodeTools installed but now that the problems same as back ...
Old 08-04-2009

uninstall any xcode ..get the latest version say above ..rebuilt a user zero
Old 08-04-2009

I have more trouble with a small code block is as follows when I programmed I would introduce me, and if; error: syntax error before "if" ... I should edit that my program is launching this problem because the code block that is not me with the terminal following the program has a single error ....
Old 08-04-2009

create new account
log out
the new account login
delete old account

uninstall xcode with instructions can be found in the pdf file in the root folder
downloaded from the site the latest xcode
install xcode

simple,

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,