Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009

Problems in porting Win32 API in PowerShell

Hi,
I encounter the problem of adapting such a port on Win32 API in PowerShell (type. NET + P / Invoke).
Default PowerShell a number is considered a signed integer (System.Int32).

I just installed the SDK 6.1 for access to statements in the file WinUser.h, but I do not know how to interpret the different types of declared values.
Finally, the more precisely:
-what is the default on the directive define next?

Code:
 ICON_SMALL = 0 # define ICON_SMALL 0
The following statement specifies a long, does this mean> 32 bit? In this case type in use. NET?

Code:
0x00000400L # define MF_BYPOSITION
Another question, the values of groups such as GWL_xxx or WS_xxx can be used, and coupled indifferently according to API or are they specific API and at the type of the parameter referencing?
Namely, if such a constant is declared as a signed integer, will always regarded as such even if several APIs use this constant?
Old 06-04-2009

Re: Problems in porting Win32 API in PowerShell

Hello,
  1. To my knowledge, the default type is int, which also gives System.Int32. On the other hand, the type is not specifically stated, it must be possible without a cast in a short ...
  2. Same. But in passing GWL_WNDPROC is obsolete, use GWLP_WNDPROC now.
  3. The only difference here is readability. It shows that these flags.
  4. It specifies a long time, but it is always 32 bits, System.Int32. Even under Windows 64 bit, long stay on 32 bit (LLP64 model). Note that this is not the case in C #, or designate long System.Int64.
  5. The functions that use a set of constants always say the same type, or equivalent types (int vs long, for example). Except in the case of some handles: loadImage () for example returns both handles USER (hIcon, hCursor) that GDI handles (HBITMAP).
Old 06-04-2009

This is what I understood, for some constant I do not know if I have to use IntPtr or System.int32/64
For example 2 for these constants:

Code:
 ICON_SMALL = [UInt32] 0 # API SendMessage:  
                             # Typedef UINT wParam; from? 
                             # Or UINT_PTR typedef wParam;?  from WTypes.h sdk 6.21  
     BS_PUSHBUTTON = 0 # # API?: 
                             # Typedef LONG LPARAM; = [IntPtr]?  Int64 (signed)?
While knowing that initially, for simplicity, I am not concerned that in 32-bit PowerShell.
Old 06-04-2009

For all handles and pointers, in the corresponding type. Net and Powershell is System.IntPtr, and nothing else.

The good wParam typedef C UINT_PTR is therefore in System.IntPtr. Net and Powershell (or UIntPtr, but use of unsigned types is not recommended as non-CLS-compliant).
The proper C typedef LPARAM and lResult LONG_PTR is therefore also System.IntPtr.

SetWindowLongPtr () is for the 64bit compatibility, but can and should be used in 32 bits. Unfortunately, C and C + +, how it is when you set compiles 32 (a simple macro) poses some problems to be solved fairly easily.

BS_PUSHBUTTON is a style, a DWORD (System.UInt32 or System.Int32)

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,