Thread: Word 2008 + bibfuse: no script in script menu

Word 2008 + bibfuse: no script in script menu

Hello,

I got 2 applescript: BibFuseFormat and BibFuseUnFormat (bibfuse.sourceforge.net) to format bibliographic references in word 2008 from libraries generated with bibdesk bibtex format (whew !)... I pasted the 2 scripts in ~ / Microsoft User Data / Word Script Menu Items /, I've compiled (zarb, the notion of compiling applescript still), it works when I launch by double-clicking BUT ... these 2 scripts are not displayed in the menu script word
    There's something I've done wrong? it is a known bug in Word?

thank you in advance

Dr. V Guest

Re: Word 2008 + bibfuse: no script in script menu

They should not be compiled. To appear in the script menu (and they can be executed), it has to be simple AppleScripts. If you turn them into applications, they become autonomous and launch a double-click, as you have seen. In short, nothing unusual so far ...

On the one hand, we must begin by copying the HTML page corresponding to each of the scripts listed on the page and paste it in the script editor. Then, download the template SampleTemplate.doc.

Once each of the scripts pasted into the editor and we want to "compile" (on time for me, I was confused, I thought you had saved as application), it was a message as what it does the application "BibDesk!

understand that it has something to do with bibliographies or citations. I download, I install the applications and can finally tell the script editor where it finds "BibDesk. He finished his job and scripts (not applications) in the ad hoc.

Once launched Word 2008, I find many scripts in my menu script. I run first and he asks me to specify a model. I said "SampleTemplate.doc.
    Last edited by Yogesh; 13-05-2009 at 03:23 PM.

It is true that I had not given all the elements!
    Well, bibdesk manager is a reference library to bibtex format to insert directly into a latex document. Bibfuse scripts used to make references \ cite () in author word to generate the bibliography at the end of the document. Overall, the 2 scripts ... if I go to the directory where they are installed, I clicked and I started via the script editor ... But no script directly in the script menu in Word 2008 ... 2 while the scripts are in the right rep (~ / Microsoft User Data / Word Script Menu Items /)...

What I did:

1. Office Setup
    2. install of bibdesk
    3. copies of scripts in the rep ~ / Microsoft User Data / Word Script Menu Items /
    4. Opening with the script editor and "compilation"

It is not dramatic scripts that do not appear in the menu, it's just a little painful ... and most importantly, I do not understand why they do not appear in this issue ... An indication may be:

at the beginning, I wanted to do things properly, I created a rep in the ~ / Microsoft User Data / Word Script Menu Items / bibfuse ... The rep bibfuse never appeared in the menu script word (whether or not the 2 scripts inside) ... For against, I find that when I add scripts / rep in the Word Script blabla, the main menu and automator "cooker" a little (in duplicate, in particular) ...

You must be able to circumvent it by putting the scripts in the Scripts folder in Mac OS X (the menu that is on the right side. I can not remember his exact location, perhaps in / Library, I look this evening, but there may be an alias in the file of the script editor ...

The subject is a little old but I found this application BibdesktoWord, which can simplify the installation scripts and provides better integration with word, all in a GUI .... Bibdesk really a small wonder!
    http://warp.byu.edu/BibDeskToWord/