Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009

How to Hide processes from Process bar of the Task Manager

I have assigned to a project in which I want to hide the processes form the process bar but that it should be in Visual Basic and I don't want that process to be displayed in the Process bar... is there a way by which i can hide that process from the process bar by any registry Tweaks or please give me a suggestion in the VB codes by which i can hide it from the Process bar of the Task Manager..... I have disabled it from appearing from the Application bar of the Task manager.. but not able to hide from the Process bar... Kindly help me do that........
Old 04-04-2009

Re: How to Hide processes from Process bar of the Task Manager

You'll probably need a rootkit to do that.

I'm not an expert on rootkits, but I will suggest you that there are lots of tutorials are available online.
Old 04-04-2009

Re: How to Hide processes from Process bar of the Task Manager

Actually what you need to create is a security measure whereby they are unable to end that particular task. I don't know how to do it, because I've never had to, but that's the deal. Another way to conceal your application is to name it the same as a normal windows process that typically has multiple instances running so it won't seem unusual or you could name it as something that sounds like a driver, like ATITask or something.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,