Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-03-2009

Rules for Design

Hey.

Portals, etc. is a whole new world for me, is so new to the field as it can be. I started with my first website and then found myself the question, is there a patent for the design?

Can lawyers, etc. cause you heck, if your site looks like someone else too much?
Old 31-03-2009

Re: Rules for Design

Think certainly that there is a patent for design, but the content is protected. So I think that if you make a page similar to Microsoft's just too much, then Mr. Gates and his team of lawyers will probably find you with a lawsuit.

So in principle can be a good side like too much, but it must be the copyright on all the material it contains and not just text.

If you plan to get a free template (eg. a Joomla template), so you have the right to use it and make changes into it as you like.

Last but not least, the internet is giant, so there is very little likelihood that you actually come to do something that is 100% identical to another page unless this is what you go after. Website is like snowflakes, no two are identical.
Old 31-03-2009

Wonderful quick response Modifier

Okay, well then there is no danger of decreasing. But if you now "borrow" the appearance of such 'Forum Statement' from another side, it is legal?

I have most of the construction finished, it needs no template in this game.
Old 31-03-2009

If it can be done only to be inspired, and then combine all these ideas for your own unique design. Will probably be the most optimal solution. There are 843,231,356 different designs, so almost impossible to make something which is not similar to something you've seen before.
Old 31-03-2009

Beware of "credit" for if you're using a grapefruit website directly copying their HTML code, so I inform that you breach their copyright.
Old 31-03-2009

Without knowing it, so it proved just about whether you - in terms of design - copy files.

Eg. if you copy tweaks small yellow / gray T to forum overview .. Or, if you copy something from a stylesheet.
Old 31-03-2009

Okay, there's some pages targeting the same audience as my having any design / ideas I am interested in.

I will not rip myself - But perhaps do something similar to a part of.
Old 31-03-2009

Good artists copy. Great artists steal.

Well .. It might not hold in court.
Incidentally, I have no idea what the rules are the copyright of the design and things like that. But if I see something on a website which I even could imagine, so I usually make something similar (not a direct copy, but have some of the same traits). That I mostly tend to be inspired by the menus, but never does anything quite similar. Just to change the color, size and / or font is really part and it usually ends up with that change itself so that it will look much better.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,