Thread: Good language for creating stunning website

Good language for creating stunning website

I will prepare a website for a friend. The site will just be static and show some images and text boxes, and possibly a single flash file or two.

I am a fairly capable programmer in Java and C# and has worked with servlets, JSP, html and css. I have previously written html with eclipse development environment, but feel that it absolutely is not the smartest when it comes to creating a website where design comes first.

I've thought about for example php or asp.net, but have absolutely no experience with them!

Can you help me find a good language to create stunning websites, and a development environment that makes it easy to write code?

Since I am a poor student may program much like to be open source. In advance many thanks for your help!

Re: Good language for creating stunning website

You will not make use of HTML, and therefore you should also use CSS. Although the page is static, you might need a little programming, and here I would probably choose PHP. The program to the task, then select Notepad++ which is free.

Hehe no, I'm on to be generated HTML matter which language I use, sorry if I worded myself badly. What I thought was just which language is "best" to generate HTML, so the easiest way to produce a beautiful website.

But thanks for the reply!

Of tutorials for php, I have looked at
    w3schools
    php.net

Are they any good?

And is Php preferable for example over asp.net?

Asp.NET is really quite nice, but somewhat more complex to get started with. The two sites you have mentioned in tutorials is quite fine. When the page is still static, it is not much PHP you will need.

Ok, I say thank you!

The reason I was considering asp.net is that I, as mentioned, has some experience with programming in Java mainly, but also a bit of C# and that it would be an advantage.

But it may be I will just look at both when I get some time.
    Let me start with Php and see how it goes

Do you know the way where you can find templates for PHP, for example, drop down boxes, and those who are here to tweak?

I am probably not a programmer, so can not promise for PHP, it is 100% correct choice for you. Since you have good handson in Java and C# it may be that asp.NET is easy for you to go to.

Yes if you made windows applications in C#, asp.net then becomes a game as it is (roughly) the same code is used. I have asp.net in school, and I can really feel my knowledge of C# has helped. And if you are already opted in the head so that PHP is ugly enough and look for you.