OleDbDataAdapter, i have error.

my connection string :

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"DataSource=c:\somepath\csvfile;" & _
"Extended Properties=""text;HDR=Yes;FMT=Delimited"""

Thanks for help
Old 26-03-2009

Re: How to add csv files in dataset base

You probably need to loop through each line of your CSV and create a DataRow from the data. Then add the DataRow to your DataTable.Or you try the following File - New - Database- Connect to an existing DB-Text-Next - Browse to your csv.

Alternatively you can Copy-Paste your data from Calc to Tables folder inBase.
Old 26-03-2009

Re: How to add csv files in dataset base

Here i will add my experience for your reference,I have just about given up completely using OOo for this project. The new version of Base has so many problems and limitations that it is unusable. I also have OOo 2.3 on Windows and it cannot access the MS Access database either. It almost does, but throws an error at the last minute. It also cannot open the .csv file in Base - it will open it only in Calc. And you're supposed to be able to drag the table from Calc or copy and paste from Calc into Base, but that also does not work
(on either platform).

Unfortunately, OOo cannot read an SQLite file (the Kexi file format) either, so my only option is KWord. Right now I'm trying to figure out the KWord user interface to mail merge (almost as unintuitive as Base).

I used to use OOo/Linux to merge data directly from the Access .mdb file and it always worked beautifully. I guess someone decided it wasn't broke so it was time to fix it.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,