Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-03-2009

stresstest and tracking time opening webpage

Hello everyone,

My intention is to test the time required for a server for processing a Web page. In short I want java code to implement a solution similar to the following:
start = timestamp
load website
end = timestamp

I need these values to track the average time to access the web resource. The process will run a variable number of times, so you can have a collection of data to be produced.
Using:
Code:
URLConnection conn = myUrl.openConnection (); 
  BufferedReader input = new BufferedReader (new InputStreamReader (conn.getInputStream ())); 
  input.close ();

I get times around 60ms, when the web page from browser takes about 2.5 second, to open up. Could you recommend how to better manage the open / download page by simulating a web browser. Taking into account that I can not afford to open the default browser.

If the solution via code is not workable some knows tools to integrate a java?
I hope to be clear, Thanks for the help
Old 21-03-2009

Re: stresstest and tracking time opening webpage

hi,
If you want the HTML is rendered (and the Javascript code executed) you need to use some force rendering engine (in. NET is the WebBrowser control that relies on IE, not so in Java).
Old 21-03-2009

Re: stresstest and tracking time opening webpage

OpenSTA is a distributed software testing architecture designed around CORBA, it was originally developed to be commercial software by CYRANO. The current toolset has the capability of performing scripted HTTP and HTTPS heavy load tests with performance measurements from Win32 platforms. However, the architectural design means it could be capable of much more.
The applications that make up the current OpenSTA toolset were designed to be used by performance testing consultants or other technically proficient individuals. This means testing is performed using the record and replay metaphor common in most other similar commercially available toolsets. Recordings are made in the tester's own browser producing simple scripts that can be edited and controlled with a special high level scripting language. These scripted sessions can then be played back to simulate many users by a high performance load generation engine. Using this methodology a user can generate realistic heavy loads simulating the activity of hundreds to thousands of virtual users.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,