Thread: Software Other than Microsoft Powerpoint

Software Other than Microsoft Powerpoint

I am in a big confused situation. I gota project to make and i have to also create a powerpoint prsentation on it. I know Microsoft Powerpoint is the best tool for this, but my friends and competitors will be using the same. I need to go for different software to make my project look different and catch eyes. Please provide some software names if you know any where i can perform highly structured documents including graphics, tables, charts, and spreadsheets.

Your views will be appreciated

Re: Software Other than Microsoft Powerpoint

OpenOffice.org 3.1.0 M6 / 3.0.1 Final

OpenOffice.org is a free, Open Source alternative to MS Office with a Word compatible word processor, a complete Excel compatible spread sheet program and a Power Point like presentation software and drawing program and also allows to save to PDF file.

In addition, OpenOffice.org offers enhanced printing capabilities and options for direct connection with external email programs as well as form-letter management to send letters to addresses from a database.

WRITER is OpenOffice.org's word processor: use it for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book with embedded illustrations, cross-references, tables of contents, indexes, bibliographies... Auto-complete, auto-format, and real-time spelling check make light work of the hardest task. Writer is powerful enough to tackle desktop publishing tasks such as creating multi-column newsletters, brochures the only limit is your imagination.

Use CALC to bring your numbers under control. This powerful spreadsheet has all the tools you need to calculate, analyse, summarise, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics. A fully-integrated help system makes entering complex formulas a breeze. Sophisticated decision-making tools are just a few mouse clicks away. Pull in external data using the Data Pilot, and sort it, filter it, and produce subtotals and statistical analyses. Use previews to select from thirteen categories of 2-D and 3-D charts including line, area, column, pie, XY, stock and net with dozens of variants.

Download

IBM Lotus Symphony 1.2

IBM Lotus Symphony was designed to be a productivity tools suite that provides powerful methods for integrating work across platforms.Using these tools, you can easily combine work in one of the editors with the results of work in another.

The productivity tools include the following editors that help you get your work done quickly and easily:

· IBM Lotus Documents

· IBM Lotus Spreadsheets

· IBM Lotus Presentations

Lotus Documents

With IBM Lotus Documents, you can create simple or highly structured documents include graphics, tables, charts, and spreadsheets. A number of features give you a fine degree of control over the formatting of text, pages, sections of documents and entire documents. You can save the documents in a variety of formats.

DOWNLOAD

Microsoft Producer 2003 Final RC

Microsoft Producer is an add-on for PowerPoint which will make it easy for knowledge workers and enterprise media professionals to capture, publish and synchronize audio, video, slides, and images.

Use Producer to create engaging and effective rich-media presentations for viewing on demand in a browser.

Producer 2003 gives content and media professionals, as well as everyday PowerPoint users a host of new content authoring features.

DOWNLOAD