Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-03-2009

sad Http Error 403- Database Editor

Hey Guys,

I'm using database interface wizard in Front Page 2002 to connect to an existing Access 2002 database. I get http 403 error, whenever i try to browse the page on the local host web server. The website declined to show the web page, as i haven't set the password for the database which resides in the fpdb folder on the web server. I even tried to check the user permissions both in Windows as well as in IIS. Can any one tell me why it is showing me such kind of error message on my pc? Can any one help me out to resolve this problem? Any kind of information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13-03-2009

Re: Http Error 403- Database Editor

START--> RUN--> type REGEDIT, this will bring up Registry Editor. There, click on (+) of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and roll down to find CLSID, and then if you can find {c90250f3-4d7d-4991-9b69-a5c5bc1c2ae6} there, that should be error, then delete it as said in link # 2
Old 13-03-2009

Re: Http Error 403- Database Editor

You are describing the classic by-design symptom of IIS on a non-Server SKU (like Windows 2000 Professional, XP Professional, XP Professional x64) hitting its 10 connection limit at the OS level and not serving out any more open requests, leading to images and other dereferenced hyperlinks to not display.

The reason it appears random is simply due to timing and relative size of each dereferenced resource (like the image link). If you have larger images that happen to keep the browser's connection open while it uses other connections to retrieve the remaining image links, you may randomly hit the 10 connection limit. This issue also gets more pronounced if you have Integrated Authentication enabled, the browser uses HTTP Pipelining, but it is not very smart about the pipelining.

This 10 connection limit is by-design for a non-Server SKU. Thus, the "problem" has always existed by-design, is not due to a Windows Update patch, and there is nothing to "fix".

Ways to work-around the limitation include:

1. Turn Off KeepAlives ( cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AllowKeepAlive 0 ). This has other ramifications such as breaking Integrated Authentication, but you probably do not care about it for your anonymous website.
2. Bump up the soft limit to 40 ( cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/MaxConnections 40 ). It won't go higher on non-Server SKU, but 40 buys you a little more headroom.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: