Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2009

How to display text in PHP ?

Hello

I am learning PHP currently. I want to know how to display text in PHP can some one help me ?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2009

Re: How to display text in PHP ?

Basic Operation in PHP, the text display can be done in different ways. We will see the easiest and fastest (in terms of processing time server) to display text. This is the "function" echo () (it is a structure of language in reality and not a function, in fact it is not compulsory to use it with parentheses).
Eg :

<? php
echo 'hello! " / / Displays the text "hello!"
>
Old 07-03-2009

Re: How to display text in PHP ?

It's all well and good but if you want to display an apostrophe how do we do? Well just add the \ (backslash) in front of the apostrophe to add. A small example is worth a thousand words:

<? php
echo 'l \' apostrophe in the middle of \ 'a string';
>

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: