Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2009

severe error occurred on the current command

I m using Visual Studio-2005 and SQL server 2005 express edition. when i expand the database node in server explorer i get the following error message:-
A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.
I couldn't find any solution for it. i get the same problem if i try run my application using F5.

Please help me to find out the solution.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2009

Re: severe error occurred on the current command

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.
A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.

Error Message in DB:
The connection has been dropped because the principal that opened it subsequently assumed a new security context, and then tried to reset the connection under its impersonated security context. This scenario is not supported. See "Impersonation Overview" in Books Online

Solution:
Implement coding workaround, non-dba issue.
Issue: Web.config setting for connection strings "Connection Reset" does not work for newer versions of .NET2.0. This issue starts once .NET 2.0 SP1 or greater is installed on the application server machine. You'll have to change your code where you are impersonating someone.

Immediate solution:
In your web.config database connection string turn off pooling, Pooling=false;
Old 05-03-2009

Re: severe error occurred on the current command

Hi,

This is a generic error message.

Two issues where this error message would occur are mentioned in the KB Articles below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928372/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938102

The following information would be useful in drilling down deeper into the problem:

1. When does this error occur (Is is sporadic or is there a fixed time)

2. What queries/stored procedures are running on the server at that time

3. What error messages are logged in the SQL Server ErrorLogs at that time

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,