Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2009

Error in Pligg installation

hello there

I am tired trying to install pligg on my site and I am getting constant error messgae saying database error.
Has anyone installed pligg successfully? What I suppose to do to sort out database error problem?

Please suggest few views regarding this problem
Old 04-03-2009

Re: Error in Pligg installation

Where it says “Install to:” Select the Dreamhost hosted domain you want to install Pligg into. Under “New Database Name” simply type in the name of that domain again (if you already have a database installed for that domain, come up with something else even if it is domainname2 or something generic like that)When you select “Create a New Hostname” it will allow you to type into the next line below that. Just put MYSQL before the database name you want to use.
If you have a MYSQL user you want to use already, just select that. If you want to create a new one, just select that “New User” from the scroll down menu and type in a name and password. Dreamhost will email you after the installation with all of these settings, but it is also a good idea to write it down in a notepad file or something. You don’t want to lose access to your own Pligg site, so follow these steps carefully and everything will be good!
When the settings are correct for your purposes go ahead and click Install. (And really, these settings can be set any way you like so long as you keep track and don’t get stopped by Dreamhost for any errors)
Now, open up your email, sit back for 2 minutes, grab a drink or something because Dreamhost has your Pligg installation queued up.
Old 04-03-2009

are you on a shared hosting or dedicated if on shared:

try editing your .htaccess file and add the following if its not there:
php_value mbstring.func_overload 0

if its on dedicated try changing your php.ini:
mbstring.func_overload = 7
to
mbstring.func_overload = 0

I think the previous time I had issue with it was when I was on PHP 5.2.5 and most of my other script too were not functioning thus I guess 5.2.5 has a problem and be warn that the .htaccess alternative may impact your neighbour
Old 04-03-2009

If the vote is working, then I think you should modify your wamp to not display error messages. Plus displaying php error messages only good for a staging server/ development server, but not on a production server because it could be a security risk. You know error message shows full path of your pligg installation, and maybe showing something else that someone can take advantage of hacking your server. Security through obscurity is not the best thing, but at the very least it's another protection layer you got there.

If 9.9.5 giving your problem, why not try RC2? Even though RC2 is not yet ready for production server, but I think it's pretty close! Though if you have a lot of members and your pligg is busy, i think you should stick with 9.9.5 and get that problem sovles, but if the vote system is working alright, then you should hide those php error for now, and try to solve the error, and this all done without letting ur pligg's members know that any error had occured!

I don't know about wamp, but 9.9.5 seems to work just fine on lamp
Old 04-03-2009

u just download Xampp software and install in ur system

run pligg on its that will not give any more error

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , ,