Thread: Reports broken fragment with checklink

Arrow Reports broken fragment with checklink

I'm using LinkChecker online from (with default option values ). The checking result shows many empty anchors and broken fragments ( please see the "Result" list below ).

But actually, the reported brokens ( for example "sgml: 53" ) are NT a broken at all.What's the "list of duplicate and empty anchors" mean ? There're no duplicate or empty anchors at line 68 as listed.

Is there any other options I must offer to get a Right result ? is it a bug in checklink ?

Thanks,

Re: Reports broken fragment with checklink

A fragment identifier in the url is a # character followed by a further character string, let's say for example: href="pagename.html#qwerty"

The broken fragment error is telling you that somewhere you have such a fragment identifier in the href url but the page that it targets does not have any code such as either <foo id="qwerty"> or <a name="qwerty">

You should either drop the fragment identifier from the link altogether, or add the actual fragment to the target page.

Re: Reports broken fragment with checklink

Usually a fragment is the part of a URL after a "#" sign which matches an anchor of the form <a name="xyz"> in the document.

I suspect in this case Google Groups generates a fragment name that's different every time you visit the group page, so storing it and using it later simply won't work.

Either that or I've totally missed the point. I didn't look too hard.