Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2009

Arrow Reports broken fragment with checklink

I'm using LinkChecker online from (with default option values ). The checking result shows many empty anchors and broken fragments ( please see the "Result" list below ).

But actually, the reported brokens ( for example "sgml: 53" ) are NT a broken at all.What's the "list of duplicate and empty anchors" mean ? There're no duplicate or empty anchors at line 68 as listed.

Is there any other options I must offer to get a Right result ? is it a bug in checklink ?

Thanks,
Old 04-03-2009

Re: Reports broken fragment with checklink

A fragment identifier in the url is a # character followed by a further character string, let's say for example: href="pagename.html#qwerty"

The broken fragment error is telling you that somewhere you have such a fragment identifier in the href url but the page that it targets does not have any code such as either <foo id="qwerty"> or <a name="qwerty">

You should either drop the fragment identifier from the link altogether, or add the actual fragment to the target page.
Old 04-03-2009

Re: Reports broken fragment with checklink

Usually a fragment is the part of a URL after a "#" sign which matches an anchor of the form <a name="xyz"> in the document.

I suspect in this case Google Groups generates a fragment name that's different every time you visit the group page, so storing it and using it later simply won't work.

Either that or I've totally missed the point. I didn't look too hard.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,