Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009

Convert any Web Page to Image / PDF

Some time while browsing i reach on some page which i want to save them so that i can print or view them even when i am not connected to internet.ive me some way to do that if possible. Please help.
Old 02-03-2009

Re: Convert any Web Page to Image / PDF

Yes there is a way to do that. you need a software named PDFIt, pdfit is a useful Firefox extension to convert current webpage into an image format (JPEG or PNG). You can later convert this image into PDF format. There are number of options to configure during page to image conversion.

PDFIt is a Firefox extension that allows you to convert any page into a image file and then convert it to PDF through a online service provided by touchpdf.com.

PDFIt allows you to convert whole pages or just the visible screen are as a PDF or image file. Once you have installed the extension, you can right click on any web page and select the conversion option you want.

The conversion is pretty fast and the quality is not bad either, go through its more features:
  1. Convert current page(Whole Page or Visible Part) to Image(PNG or JPEG)
  2. Add title to generated image (Firefox 3 only)
  3. Specify the color/position/font size for title
  4. Apply up to 16 filters while converting page to Image
  5. Convert the generated image to PDF file via online service provided by www.touchpdf.com
Old 02-03-2009

There are several times when you may want to save the current web page in PDF format, the reason being that PDF are easy to maintain and print, whereas dealing with several html files can be quite a hassle.I think you should try novaPDF.

Once novaPDF is installed you can convert any web page to a PDF directly from Internet Explorer. Simply visit the page you want converted and "print it" to novaPDF. Here are the steps to follow when converting a web page to a PDF from Internet Explorer:

1. Start Internet Explorer and go to the web page you want to convert to PDF

2. Go to File->Print (or press Ctrl+P) and in the Select Printer section click on novaPDF

3. Before creating the PDF file you can adjust novaPDF's settings by using the Properties button (for instance adding document information, using auto-save options, embedding fonts)

4. Click on Print and choose a location where you want the PDF file saved. After the PDF is created it will be automatically opened in the default PDF viewer (this can be configured too using novaPDF's Properties window).

Thats it.

If you are using Mozilla FireFox than follow this steps:-

1. Start Mozilla FireFox and go to the web page you want to convert to PDF

2. Go to File->Print (or press Ctrl+P) and in the Printer section choose from the drop-down novaPDF

3. Before creating the PDF file you can adjust novaPDF's settings by using the Properties button (for instance adding document information, using auto-save options, embedding fonts). Also, for websites using frames FireFox offers an option to print each frame separately, only selected frame or as viewed.

4. Click on OK and choose a location where you want the PDF file saved. After the PDF is created it will be automatically opened in the default PDF viewer (this can be configured too using novaPDF's Properties window).
Old 02-03-2009

To get your problem's solution, you can try PDF Download add-on. Download it from net and get installed in your PC.

Once you've installed the PDF Download add-on, the easiest way to save Web pages as PDF is via the PDF Download button that appears in the top-right area of your toolbar. For more advanced users, you can configure the options settings so that a Web page is automatically converted and then downloaded or emailed to an address you've specified with one click. And depending on the pages and sites you regularly like to convert to PDF, you can specify the page orientation that gets you the best result.

This software lets you quickly and accurately convert any (unsecured) Web page into a high-quality PDF file. The Web-to-PDF capabilities in PDF Download can be used with all popular browsers (Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox, Flock and Internet Explorer) via our bookmarklet, or if you use Firefox or Internet Explorer, you can install the more powerful browser add-on, which adds extra features like automatically emailing your PDF files and viewing PDF files as HTML (instead of opening them in your PDF viewer).
Old 19-06-2009

There are many freeware you can try for that.As I can remember morz project has released a software to do that.You can try search it at google. Another way is using pdf printer driver.Find it using google.
Old 19-06-2009
jalanbk

You can copy entire page and paste in word and save it also If you using office 2007 you can save it as pdf as with SP2 save a spdf facility is in built in office 2007

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,