Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-02-2009

How to open .odm file?

Hello friends,

I just received an email from my friend. In attachment he sent me one file with .odm extension. What is .odm and how to open such file? Anyone know?

Thank you in advance for any reply.
Old 27-02-2009

Re: How to open .odm file?

It sound to me like your file is corrupted. Ask your friend to send that file again if possible. Try to open the file with a list of programs that pops up when you select open with.
Old 27-02-2009

ODM is OpenDocument Master Document. It is text file. This is Global text document format used by OpenOffice software; based on the OASIS OpenDocument standard; formatted in XML and can be opened by various programs that support the OpenDocument format.
Check this for more information:
http://www.openoffice.org/product/writer.html
http://www.openoffice.org/
Old 27-02-2009

If Windows is unable to open files with the extension .ODM you may not have the appropriate program installed or, you may have registry errors. This file format is part of the Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) 1.0 specification. This OASIS format is expected to become an industry standard for sharing documents. It is being adopted by the OpenOffice/StarOffice version 2 software suite but may appear in other products as well.
Old 27-02-2009

It can be a Media file shortcut to a file located in the Digital Library Reserve, such as an audio book, eBook, or music file; processed by the OverDrive Media Console, which will download the actual media file when the ODM file is opened.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,