Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-02-2009

Convert a file. COM. EXE

Hello,

Here is my problem: I have a. com (old DOS command) that I want to run under Windows XP Pro x64. The problem is that this OS is no longer in the DOS.
I just want to suggest that, I do not have the source code file, therefore no way to transcribe it myself.

I seek a solution can transform it into a format and in a command recognized by my OS.

I thank you in advance for your answers.

best regards.
Old 26-02-2009

Re: Convert a file. COM. EXE

This is not because you have changed tone. Com. Exe, it will run better under XP Pro x64.

I bet that the problem is more a problem of access to equipment and materials that are now protected, the program can no longer walk (whatever its form). In fact, it does what your program.
Old 26-02-2009

Thank you for your answer

In fact my future must change one another as well as the registry. it works in XP x32 but refuses to run under 64. One answer put forward by some people who try to use this file under 64 is that it takes more account of the DOS command. Com.

In fact, if I was just possible to "see" the code I could possibly recode by myself.

thank you in advance.

best regards.
Old 26-02-2009

That seems difficult.
Debug with DOS? You can disassemble and can be rewritten in. Exe (check)
Otherwise with a disassembler as TASM you can get the code machine and re-editing of links into a target. Exe.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,