Thread: Windows CE API

Windows CE API

I am trying to develop an application in C # designed to run on Windows CE 6.0

The problem I encounter is that I wish through this application hides the Windows taskbar ... I suppose out that the only solution for me is to use the Windows CE API.

On windows XP I know how to use user32.dll and functions FindWindow () and SetWindowPos ().... Windows CE but I find myself before a big problem because user32.dll does not exist, trying to find the equivalent of these two fonts but without success.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Windows CE API

Hi, look here, since you are a Csharpiste

In Windows CE almost all API's are located in the coredll.dll, so you need modify your P/Invoke declarations to use coredll instead.

Code:
    public void findCalculator()
    {
       IntPtr handle = new IntPtr(FindWindow(null,"Calculator"));
    }

[DllImport("coredll.dll",EntryPoint="FindWindow")]
    public static extern int FindWindow(string lpClassName,string lpWindowName);

Thank you for your sample code, I was at least identified the dll that could help me to know coredll.

Unfortunately without success I test my test application to hide the taskbar in Windows XP, just replace "user32.dll" with "coredll.dll" ... AC does not work, I have no error message but nothing happens.

Here is the code that works perfectly under windows xp:

Code:
     IntPtr handleW1; 
              uint TOGGLE_HIDEWINDOW uint.Parse = ( "80", System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber); 
              uint TOGGLE_UNHIDEWINDOW uint.Parse = ( "40", System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber); 

[DllImport ( "User32.dll")] 
              public static extern IntPtr FindWindow (string lpClassName, string lpWindowName); 

[DllImport ( "User32.dll")] 
              static extern bool SetWindowPos (IntPtr hWnd, IntPtr hWndInsertAfter, int x, int y, int cx, int cy, uint uFlags); 

private void cmdShow_Click (object sender, EventArgs e) 
              ( 
                  handleW1 = FindWindow ( "Shell_traywnd", ""); 
                  SetWindowPos (handleW1, (IntPtr) 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, TOGGLE_UNHIDEWINDOW); 
              ) 

private void cmdHide_Click (object sender, EventArgs e) 
              ( 
                  handleW1 = FindWindow ( "Shell_traywnd", ""); 
                  SetWindowPos (handleW1, (IntPtr) 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, TOGGLE_HIDEWINDOW); 
              )
    replacing user32.dll by coredll.dll does not seem enough ...
    if someone has an idea I thank in advance ...

C # code:

Code:
    uint uint = TOGGLE_HIDEWINDOW. Parse ( "80", System. Globalization. NumberStyles. HexNumber);
    You can not do this directly in C #?
    C # code:

Code:
    TOGGLE_HIDEWINDOW uint = 0x80;
    And also: Is it normal that you do not pass the flags SWP_NOxx?

Concerning the initialization TOGGLE_HIDEWINDOW actually because you had your way is much simpler ... (Note that I started started in c #, at the base I was doing instead of VB6 and in addition I have rarely used the API ...).

Regarding Marshal.GetLastWin32Error () Note that I developed for the framework 2, I have the impression that GetLastWin32Error () is that the framework 3.

I do not deny you that I still have trouble with the API, so I'm going to see on the msdn SWP_NOxx flags. I do not deny you that I am not certain to have everything, these flags are they mandatory? . But this a priori running XP I do not see why it would not work under Win CE.

As I took against my source on the net, adapting it to my needs and I do not understand or are the values for the flags (or in my case 0x40 and 0x80). These values are the same for windows XP and windows CE?

Thank you