Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-02-2009

Control file while navigating over web browser

Hi,
I have an application that requires control while navigating over web-Browser.

I have no problem setting the webbrowser to show a html page hosted on a web site, but in my application I am shipping a small number of HTML file that will be installed with my application, and I need to have the webbrowser control display these pages.

WebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.microsoft.com") ' works fine

WebBrowser1.Navigate("htmlpage1.htm")

The catch is that the htmlpage1.html page is installed with the application and could be on any drive path the user selected when they installed the application.

Thanks
Old 25-02-2009

Re: Control file while navigating over web browser

BeforeNavigate event that can be used to override Navigation with a custom navigation for special Urls or translating URLs into something that the application can work with and generate HTML. Great ? it?s way easier than my old code, but the damn simple minded event doesn?t publish the browser?s POST data. Or the headers. Or the flags. Who are these people making decisions on crap like this? They mirror an API that already exist and then nilly willy decide to leave out functionality that already exists on the old API arbitrarily.
Old 25-02-2009

Re: Control file while navigating over web browser

ActiveX Documents are embeddable OLE objects that behave more like ActiveX controls than traditional OLE objects. Unlike a normal embedded object, an ActiveX Document is not designed to be a contained object in a larger document. Instead, it is considered a complete document in itself, which is merely being viewed by a viewer (such as Internet Explorer) or is being collected into a single resource with other documents (such as a Binder file).

While Microsoft Visual Basic does not currently support hosting ActiveX Documents directly, you can work around this limitation by using the capabilities of Internet Explorer and its WebBrowser control. The WebBrowser control (Shdocvw.dll) is a part of Internet Explorer and can only be used on systems that have Internet Explorer installed.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,