Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-02-2009

How can i navigate the HTML pages that i have called into my vb.net application?

Hi,
I got the HTML pages to my project but now I have another question!
How can I navigate the HTML pages that i have called into my vb.net application?
Old 20-02-2009

Re: How can i navigate the HTML pages that i have called into my vb.net application?

There is a WebBrowser control in .NET that you can use to interact with HTML page.
Just tell the control to navigate to a web page (or url). The control have properties and method that allow you to interact with the HTML Document Object Model (DOM)
Old 20-02-2009

Re: How can i navigate the HTML pages that i have called into my vb.net application?

If you have a form with a WebBrowser and a textbox as your address bar, the following would take you to DIC

Code:
Me.WebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.techarena.com")
If it was placed in a buttons click event

Suppose you had a form with three controls: a button (Button1), a textbox (TextBox1), and a web browser control (WebBrowser1).

If you want to browse your own URLs in the browser at run-time you could make the button, textbox and web control. The user enters the URL into the textbox and clicks the button to "go" (navigate) to that webpage.

The code for the entire program would look like this:

Code:
Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        WebBrowser1.Navigate(TextBox1.Text)
    End Sub
End Class
No code would really go into the textbox or the web control... simply in the button.

Under the button click action i have placed the code:

Code:
WebBrowser1.Navigate(TextBox1.Text)
Old 20-02-2009

I think you need to go through this tutorial to understand the concept of

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2te2y1x6.aspx

Hope this helps you!

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,