How can I stop the SMTP service from server exchange?
I want to stop the SMTP service through code on the exchange 2007 server.
I want to know the code if this is possible!
Re: How can I stop the SMTP service from server exchange?
To stop or disable the SMTP service, follow these steps:
1. On the Exchange 2000 server, click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
2. Locate the SMTP Service.
By default, the Status is Started and the Startup Type is Automatic.
3. Perform one of the following actions:
* To stop the SMTP service, right-click the service, and then click Stop.
* To disable the SMTP service, right-click the service, and then click Properties. Click the General tab, and then in the Startup type box, click Disabled.
Exchange 2000 users experience the following effects:
* Users cannot use Microsoft Outlook to open and display any e-mail messages that they received before you stopped the SMTP service.
* Users can compose and send new e-mail messages, but the messages remain in the Outbox until you restart the SMTP service.
* Users who rely on the server for mail delivery do not receive any new e-mail messages.
|Tags: code, exchange 2007 server, smtp service|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "How can I stop the SMTP service from server exchange?"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Exchange SMTP Connector Mail Undelivered Until Server Restarts||JustinWong||Small Business Server||4||22-10-2011 05:19 PM|
|Exchange Transport Service does not start with Forefront Server||Dilbert||Small Business Server||4||29-07-2009 11:39 AM|
|Exchange server + smtp.gmail.com||niceaalbosmierc||Small Business Server||2||16-07-2009 08:31 PM|
|Problem with Exchange SMTP connector||pmela||Small Business Server||3||30-10-2008 01:05 AM|
|Service crashes: IIS Admin, Exchange Routing Engine, SMTP||Ringo||Small Business Server||9||15-01-2007 07:55 PM|