Thread: Java or Dotnet is better?

Java or Dotnet is better?

hi.
    i am kiran doing my final year MCA...
    I wanna do my final sem project.. now i am confused with JAVA and ASP.net...

Which technology is better for the future and as a fresher????? please help me

Yogesh Guest

Re: Java or Dotnet is better?

Please note:
    Thread moved from Technology & Internet to Software Development

.NET, at least web technologies, are considerably easier to develop, are less error prone, and make more sense in a workflow sense. It certainly could be done the same way in Java. However it's a considerable work to get something as well rounded as ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Studio, and the framework.

There's a lot missing from java in technology such as libraries and quality code tools. The tools are integrated in a swiss armor knife fashion where they vary in quality, integration, documentation, and are difficult to update consistently. It's a royal nightmare when you are not sure if you the current bug is your code, a library bug, or something wrong with the IDE.

Hi getkiran!

Please have a look at this topic!
    I hope this will help you with your decision!
    JAVA or ASP.NET?

User Interface programming with java is not so simple like ASP, thus its takes minimum couple of weeks to happily accomplish. Now it can be easily calculated that several wee web applications is done by ASP very successfully apart using Java.

In case of software application you felt maximum hazards while using ASP programming language. Where as if you want to develop a software which is really sufficient in multiple user environment and which is accessible form different access levels (both internet and extranet) with strong database back ground then the advice goes for java programming.

In case of database compatibility, java is much flexible than ASP language. Database compatibility is really too luxurious for ASP because it only accessible by MS-SQL which is a Microsoft product, where as we can say that java is a database independent programming language.

1.) Asp.Net is a web programming paradaign (you can code Asp.Net in C#, VB or any other .Net language).
    2.) Any .Net language has built in support for SQL Server, Oracle and anything you can get an ODBC or OLEDB driver for (including, MySql, DB2 and hundreds of other databases). Any major database that\\\'s cross platform has .Net drivers out there.
    3.) You can use .Net for free (the SDK is freely available, like Java), you can use a striped express IDE for free or you can purchase Visual Studio (The express version does a lot of what most people need done though).

Seriously speaking I have not worked with ASP.net but I have actually worked with ASP/VB Script Servlets/JSP. If you don't care about things like design patterns, component work load sharing etc and you really want to deliver simple web applications very quickly and in an cost effective manner ASP or ASP.net will be good for you. But suppose you want to build another www.techarena.com (which is a really a portal for server side programmers), or say a www.bbc.com you may need Servlets/JSP and a framework like Struts over Servlets/JSP to effectively analysis,model,create,deliver and subsequently maintain such a site.

So I have found myself making 10-15 page website using ASP and the complicated ones like an Administration Console for my company's Systems Integration platform using Servlets/JSP.

hey guys i m in BCA in IGNOU this is my last year i want o know which programming should i do like java or dot net i love to do coding & want to be in developer part plz suggest me i m confused.......

Confuse between java or .NET?
    Look if you are good in coding, java is better because now java technology is in growing day by day like as .NET.
    The upcoming product of java, swing open source, is releasing soon, learn it make some projects and be master in that.
    However the visual studio 2010 is also ideal technology to same work you can make yourself purfect in that also, if you are not good in coding then also by practice you can do it.
    I will advice you to do with java, although complecation it has more advantages. Before choosing platform see business requirements in your area.

From my view I cannot comment on individual classes. On both sides there are many classes that are more powerful / easier / more elegant than its counterpart in the other world. We went to the consideration of the concepts, libraries, tools and the market, which has developed around the core of the platforms. As expected, wins Java, when it comes to platform independence, and. NET when it comes to integration with Windows and Windows applications like Microsoft Office.