Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-02-2009

How to trace the Special characters

Good evening!

The keyboard of a PC contains only a limited number of keys, and so can write a limited number of characters. However, the ASCII table can represent many more characters (255 in theory, but some codes are more functions than characters, genre jumping the line, tab, etc.).

Any good editor (eg NotePad, Word, etc..) You can insert a character by providing the ASCII code. Of course, you need to know, and my thinking is not trivial, but possible. For example, the Double quotation marks ( "and") are coded 171 and 187 respectively. They can be obtained by typing 0171 and 0187 with the [Alt] key.

On the message editor of OCCP, I encounter a problem! Indeed, when the [Alt] and I type 01, I ejected the Editor ... before they could enter the other two characters. As if there was a keyboard shortcut [Alt] 01 which has taken precedence over my other shortcut details.

let me know if anyone has a solution.
Old 16-02-2009

Re: How to trace the Special characters

Hello StudyBoy,

I understand if you mean that when you enter text on OCCP, you can not write:

"heart" or "E" or "C"?

Do I understand your question?Ohterwise you have asked very Intelligent question here, this is really appreciable
Old 16-02-2009

Exactly! When I type [Alt] 0156 (to write in "E" or "c"), my screen jumps out of the editor before I can type the" 5 " I find myself on the index of the forum, and this makes me think that, without the knowledge of my own will, I have the unfortunate chance of a configuration OCCP (?) With a shortcut keyboard [Alt] 01 brings me back to the index ...

PS1.: I confirm the hypothesis. when I typed [Alt] and 01, I found myself in the index. On one side is good but, as I am not at all kind of keyboard shortcut, I would like to know how it is to disable?
Old 16-02-2009

Hello,

So I just tried AOL, and IE and Fire Fox for codes as you mentioned above, it works very well

I have tested several and no problems i found related to that, it works perfectly fine with my browser.

So, as you say and you are getting problem, it's probably because of your keyboard, but I do not know how to disable it.
Old 16-02-2009

Frankly, I think that it is a matter of keyboard setting in its options. In fact, when I type Alt + 0171 in another application (eg another forum, or WORD or NOTEPAD, etc..), It appears the ".

But if I touched on the technical options, it was not intentional. The only thing I tried (and I came back since then) is to use the WYSIWYG editor is fun but not so convenient as that, finally.

So? Nobody has an idea to disable this damn keyboard shortcuts?

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,