Thread: New in ASP.NET, need help with runtime error

New in ASP.NET, need help with runtime error

I decided recently to solve a communication problem I had with an application to make it into a website, and would like to use ASP.NET because it allowed that I continued to code in C#. Downloaded Microsoft Web Developer Express 2008, and created a user on Some.com that I would use for webpage.

I created a new Web page that contains a textbox, a button, and a label, built this, and uploaded files on Some.com and tried to go on my new page, which I support in a runtime error. What can be wrong, I have tried to debug it, which went just fine.

Re: New in ASP.NET, need help with runtime error

What configuration settings, you can do with some.com for your webpage? Thinking like. the default document,. NET version etc.

Well, I have aspx file to the Web page as default. When it comes to .NET version, I found a "ASP.NET version" setting under IIS setup, but I do not use IIS. Is there anything else you think?

Err, read errors, but the above is the only configuration settings I've seen, except for passwords / description of the website etc.

And the error message says only "runtime error"? Nothing more?

Here are some of the things that appeared on the page:

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "Web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
    Thing is that I have already added

Code:
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    in the Web.config file, but the page still displays the same message. I made it wrong?

The only thing I can imagine is that your site, which is set up at Some.com, running with the wrong version of ASP.NET, such as 1.1 instead of 2.0, but it's not so easy to check since you do not have access to the IIS admin tool with the autumn.

I would think almost made contact with them.