Thread: Login Page for ASP.NET web application

Login Page for ASP.NET web application

Hi,
    I want to first create a simple & basic webpage with login username & password.

Then I will be further validate it with more details can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Re: Login Page for ASP.NET web application

You can create a login page by using the ASP.NET Login control. The control consists of text boxes, a check box and a button control. The text boxes collect username and password information from the user. The check box is used to remember the user's credentials and the button is used to submit the information the user provides. The login control simplifies creating login pages for form authentication. This login control takes a user name and password and uses ASP.NET membership and forms authentication to verify the user's credentials and create an authentication ticket.

If a user selects the Remember me next time check box, the control creates a persistent cookie that remembers the user's credentials.

To create a login page

1. Create an ASP.NET Web application that uses ASP.NET membership.

2. Create an ASP.NET Web page named Login.aspx in your application.

Note: By default, ASP.NET forms authentication is configured to use a page named Login.aspx. You can change the default login page name in the Web.config file for your application using the LoginUrl property.

3. Add a Login control to the page.

4. Set the control's DestinationPageUrl property to the name of the page that the user will be redirected to after they log in. For example, you can set the DestinationPageUrl property to DestinationPageUrl="~/Membership/MembersHome.aspx", a members only page. If you do not specify a value for the DestinationPageUrl property, the user will be redirected to the original page the user requested after successfully logging in.

The following example shows the markup for a Login control:

Code:
    <asp:Login 
      ID="Login1" 
      runat="server" 
      DestinationPageUrl="~/MembersHome.aspx">
    </asp:Login>
    I hope this helps! Start reading microsoft MSDN!

You can still use the built in Login control and save yourself some work. If you drop the Login control on your page. Click the Smart Tag and select "Convert to Template". You can then remove anything you want or add to it if you like and you'll still be able to take advantage of the Membership Providers without the need to create custom logic.

Please Visit this webpage it practically shows you how to add login control tyo your page & configure it step by step.
    http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/Upload...inControl.aspx

I hope this helps you!