Thread: where to use Ruby on Rails!

where to use Ruby on Rails!

Hello Friends,

I wanted to know that where could we make use of Ruby on Rails is it used for Normal programming or could we use it only for Web development purpose I wanted to know this because I have a one project requirement where it will be consisting some part of web development.

Please help..

Re: where to use Ruby on Rails!

It's used for both web and normal programming. Probably more people use it to develop for the web, but I don't have any numbers.

It's more like PHP in that it's used in server-side coding but more like JavaScript in syntax (although it isn't a whole lot like either in syntax).

Rubi has been popularly known as object oriented general-purpose programming and scripting language,Rails – a full-fledged framework that makes use of every facility and benefits of Ruby in database backed web applications.The highly time consuming portion for a developer is the writing of reusable packages of codes that are often called during the main application – frame works.Querying for logical results is the main task for a web programmer who is backed by a database. Database access is made more efficient and simpler with the help of most efficient database access libraries in Rails, so according to me Rubi is best suitable for Web development.

Rails offers some unique benefits to the web developer like seamless maintenance of databases with migrations, easy deployment with Mongrel/Capistrano, etc.Rails has more learning and support resources than competing frameworks.
    On the other hand, Rails is not the fastest framework out there, though the typical application will probably never see the difference. More importantly, the Rails application structure is not very modular though some recent third party developments like Rails Engines are encouraging.