Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009

Run commands in other programs [DOS]

hello world

I would like to know if it is possible to run the command prompt DOS operations on programs already running so that I can open the executable (eg mspaint), but once opened, always in command line, can I make him do anything? (choose a paintbrush, write, execute Casting the image though?...)

if it were possible with DOS, can we do this with something else?
Thanks
Old 06-02-2009

Re: Run commands in other programs [DOS]

Everything depends on the program you want to use, where arguments, at run time and / or when it launches.
Old 06-02-2009

Look, I know commands can only be of two types one applications with interface via console system [DOS prompt] or graphical [windows].

Entirely based on that console are structured so as to write in output on the console for any messages you receive and command line user input.

Those based on a graphical interface run running handle input / output with the user directly through the graphical interface (just for this so called).

In the distinction of this rule, each application to define whether the ways / times by which the interface works.

To take your example of Paint, yes, you can run it from console via command line, and perhaps pass as a parameter the name of a file to open them right away, but I simply do not believe we can do much more.
Old 06-02-2009

I understand .. to me this "other" was used to do, but it seems to be impossible to me ..
Old 06-02-2009

what you want to do is that "controlling" the operation of an application by another program, you must know how to use extensively the Win32 API. There are many ways to do it, sending messages to the application, DDE and other things that depend on the application.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,