Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Creating portable executable with Visual Studio

Software Development

Old 04-02-2009

Creating portable executable with Visual Studio

Using Visual Studio I created a program in C that uses opengl and opencv libraries and I would like to make it available as an executable without having to be compiled.

I tried to create a Setup project type but I really do not understand how to get what I need.

Can someone give me a hand?

Old 04-02-2009

Re: Creating portable executable with Visual Studio

Quote:
Using Visual Studio I created a program in C that uses opengl and opencv libraries and I would like to make it available as an executable without having to be compiled.

I tried to create a Setup project type but I really do not understand how to get what I need.
You can even make the exe with its associated dll, remember to fill out the modalities "Release."
If you want to create un'installer you must use the "Setup" but honestly I never tried.
Old 04-02-2009

I did exactly that and in my computer but of course it works in other computers, no. Even with the same operating system.
Old 04-02-2009

right click on project, Properties, select Configuration in the Release configuration, then go to C / C + +, Code Generation and set Runtime Library to Multi-threaded (/ MT). the final executable will be some big but you will have more removed from the dependency of the runtime version of Visual C + +.

alternatively you should make it clear that Visual Studio generates when the Manifest File must put the directive that sets the dependence with an old version of the runtime, but I do not know how to do; eliminates dependence and go quiet.

PS: the whole problem exists only if the final program must run on XP, Vista and Seven have already the latest version of the runtime.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,