Thread: Creating portable executable with Visual Studio

Creating portable executable with Visual Studio

Using Visual Studio I created a program in C that uses opengl and opencv libraries and I would like to make it available as an executable without having to be compiled.

I tried to create a Setup project type but I really do not understand how to get what I need.

Can someone give me a hand?

Re: Creating portable executable with Visual Studio

Using Visual Studio I created a program in C that uses opengl and opencv libraries and I would like to make it available as an executable without having to be compiled.

I tried to create a Setup project type but I really do not understand how to get what I need.
    You can even make the exe with its associated dll, remember to fill out the modalities "Release."
    If you want to create un'installer you must use the "Setup" but honestly I never tried.

I did exactly that and in my computer but of course it works in other computers, no. Even with the same operating system.

right click on project, Properties, select Configuration in the Release configuration, then go to C / C + +, Code Generation and set Runtime Library to Multi-threaded (/ MT). the final executable will be some big but you will have more removed from the dependency of the runtime version of Visual C + +.

alternatively you should make it clear that Visual Studio generates when the Manifest File must put the directive that sets the dependence with an old version of the runtime, but I do not know how to do; eliminates dependence and go quiet.

PS: the whole problem exists only if the final program must run on XP, Vista and Seven have already the latest version of the runtime.