Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-01-2009

vb.net FolderBrowserDialog: last directory visited need to be stored

Hi,
Well here is my problem with VB.net application.
The SaveFileDialog remembers what directory a user last saved to, and
the next time it is displayed, it remembers this. FolderBrowserDialog has SelectedPath property for setting the initial directory, but it doesn't remember the last directory selected.
Its ok if i run the program once but if I close & rum program it wont remember this lastdirectory in folderborwserdialog & goes to the default selections.
How to store this for an application?
Old 31-01-2009

Re: vb.net FolderBrowserDialog: last directory visited need to be stored

Well its your application then you have to decide where to save this since its application specific query.

You need to code for this.
Old 31-01-2009

Re: vb.net FolderBrowserDialog: last directory visited need to be stored

If so you may want to check out the settings. Its a nice way to store such information.
Create a setting as a text field. Then when the box is checked or the dialog box is Ok'd use:

Code:
My.Settings.nameofsettinghere = TextBox1.Text
My.Settings.Save()
the settings are accessible just like any variable, and can range from text, to colors, to fonts, to arrays.

saving the settings is important to make sure that the information is stored for later use.

Once you have established a setting, then simply access it when the form opens!

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,