Thread: Block access to the computer

Block access to the computer

Hello,
    At work, we have just received the CD for training new employees. Basically, it explains all the procedures, working environment, etc, with small videos about 5 minutes each. In short, I am responsible to install and configure all that.

We buy 3 computers that will only serve to drive the training program. The computers will be available to all employees, but the only problem is that I is not gone around that they can walk anywhere on the computer. So then, how to block access to all who are in the computer, except the training program, and the website of the company (and no other sites)? I know it is possible to block access to certain programs by going to the properties, but I want to block access to all programs except 1, and all the files (and about 3 PC) I like to know if there is an easier way?

Thank you

Re: Block access to the computer

Hi, use the legal system windows:
    - You created a Windows administrator
    - You created one or more employees

Then on a folder where you want to deny access, you do right click => tab and you security modifies rights. I'll post some time in a more detailed message.

Okay, I thought that there was a faster way, because I want to lock the computer in full, but good. Thank you anyway

Now, as I have never been playing in the rights records, I'd rather ask before making nonsense. First, if I block access to my C: drive, is that access to all subfolders of C: to be blocked as well?

Secondly, knowing that I have only 2 accounts (Director and invited), and when I go to the tab, I have 4 groups of users that appears (Authenticated Users, SYSTEM, Administrators and Users) (s) and group (s) should I change to block access for guests only?

And finally, is there a solution to block access to all pages except one?

Basically to prevent access to the hard disk, as apparently this is what you intend to do: make you right-click on the hard drive and security [...]. Because you do not have the guest you will have to add it manually:

Right click on the file or selected disk ==> Properties ==> tab - Security ==> Add:

==> Advanced

And then, you click on search and you select the account Guests:

And finally: Ok ==> OK ==> and you rights rules.

the images are thumbnails / Do not remove the group SYSTEM / If you only use the Guest account so you can remove the Users and Groups authenticated user, just in case.