Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-01-2009

Error reporting levels in PHP

What are the error reporting levels in PHP? Any PHP error like a simple syntax error causes error 500 and I get no useful info on the php error, can that be changed?
Old 19-01-2009

Re: Error reporting levels in PHP

In PHP, the error reporting level (whether errors go to the log or to the screen or whatever) is determinded by the error_reporting INI directive (or at runtime using the error_reporting() function). Both take an integer as their value - and usually this integer is represented by error level constants like E_ALL, E_STRICT or E_USER_WARNING.

So in order to set the error reporting to anything but notices and strict errors, you would set something like this in php.ini:

Code:
  1. error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT
Old 19-01-2009

Here is a table of different error levels, all linking back to PHP.net

error_reporting() level constants and bit values
Old 19-01-2009

If you want to hide errors on a PHP page or just show really critical ones, you can try this,
Code:
// Report all PHP errors
error_reporting(E_ALL);
PS. You first need to make sure your browser didn't display friendly error.
Old 19-01-2009

Hey Zecho, that was a great work. I was searching for such a list of PHP error reporting. And I have checked that my browser is not giving any friendly error. Thank you and all others for giving valuable inputs.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,