Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-01-2009

Convert Text File To Binary

hi,

i have small problem in C + + there.

I have a. txt all that is simple and readable format ascii in notepad and I would copy the contents to a binary file (to be called up to win).

I use the following functions:
fread and fwrite for access binary ansi_c fgets, fputs, fgetc, fputc access to text

To read it well be the same thing but in the opposite direction to regenerate the txt file from the binary.

a little help or track?

thank you
Old 17-01-2009

Re: Convert Text File To Binary

hi,
use std:: ostream, std:: IStream with good flags.
Old 17-01-2009

I am based on the examples of functions:

Code:
  • int length; char * buffer; ifstream infile ( "D: \ \ test.txt", ifstream:: in); ofstream outfile ( "D: \ \ test.bin", ofstream:: binary); / / Get length of file: infile.seekg (0, ifstream:: end); infile.tellg length = (); infile.seekg (0, ifstream:: beg); / / Allocate memory: buffer = new char [length]; / / Read data as a block: infile.read (buffer, length); infile.close (); / / Write to outfile outfile.write (buffer, length); outfile.close (); delete [] buffer; return 0;
I have the same problem as before the files are readable even under notepad.
Old 17-01-2009

This program reads a text file, and outputs a matrix or permutation in internal format depending on the input to BinFile (default: P2). If the input file name is '=', input is read from stdin. If no arguments are given, T1 is used as input file and output goes to P2. Here are some examples:
Command Conversion
zcv T1 -> P2
zcv txt Txt -> P2
zcv txt z1 Txt -> z1
zcv = z1 standard input -> z1

To convert text from a file called `=' you must use input redirection:
zcv = binfile < =
Old 17-01-2009

It might seem strange to you, but text files are binary, too. It's the application that treats them differently. For example, if you change the extension from .txt to .bin, the application will not handle it the same.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: