Thread: Delete read-only

Delete read-only

Hello

I have a little trouble, all (or almost) my folders and files are read-only (although I did not ask ..). I need that they are not, because when creating my programs, files and read-only files do not appear while the other does. According to my research this "automatic attribute is due to the customization files (change the icon), I verified this by creating an empty folder without changing the icon and then testing it with my programs, everything was Ok, then, changing the icon but it does not. someone have same problem like this? ie to modify the icon of a folder while keeping the read-only disabled.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Delete read-only

Hi,

Unlike the Read-only attribute for a file, the read-only attribute for a folder is typically ignored by Windows, Windows components, accessories, and other software. For example, you can delete, rename and edit a file with read-only attribute by using Windows Explorer. Read-only attributes and systems are only used by Windows Explorer to determine whether the case is a special folder, such as a file system that is customized by Windows (for example, My Documents, Favorites, Fonts, Download, Program Files) or folder that you customized by using the "Custom File" from the Properties dialog box . Unless it is REALLY blocks, I will not advisable to change it, even though if I know (of course) a way to overcome them.

bye

if you want to remove the read-only for all your files (or part) the solution is to do so from the command line. the order is attrib

c:> attrib-R c: \ File_reading_alone \ *.* / s / d

Hello,
    I had already tried this. Anyway, my problem is solved.
    (the problem was in my code, I was looking for only the files, I changed it to search all files / folders, result: all folders are displayed )

Thank you again.