Thread: UltraVNC and UltraVNC SC

UltraVNC and UltraVNC SC

UltraVNC SC is a mini (166k) UltraVNC Server that can be customized and preconfigured for download by a Customer. UltraVNC SC does not require installation and does not make use of the registry. The customer only have to download the little executable and Click to make a connection. The connection is initiated by the server, to allow easy access thru customers firewall.

Re: WHY UltraVNC SC

HI kelfro,
    can you suggest me which one is better UltraVNC or UltraVNC SC? i want free or commercial software for remote access to my computer.

Re: WHY UltraVNC SC

The difference between UltraVNC and UltraVNC SC:
    • UltraVNC is about 850k while SC is only about 166kSC can only do a reverse connection while the normal version server can listen to viewer connections.
    • SC can NOT be run as a service, no logon or Ctrl-Alt-Del is supported.
    • SC can only do File Transfers, Directory transfer is not yet supported (but will be soon).
    • SC don't use registry and password. Settings are preconfigured, password is not needed for an outgoing connection.

Why UltraVNC SC is more secure?
    • The SC version is initiated by the person that shares his desktop: he needs to voluntary click to initiate the connection.
    • You can use up to 128bit encryption. The encryption level depends on the OS and installed MS Crypto api.
    • The server can only connect to the IP address you have predefined.
    • No incoming connections, no unattended service connection.
    • SC is automatically and systematically uninstalled when the connection is closed.