| || |
Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: WHY UltraVNC SC
The difference between UltraVNC and UltraVNC SC:
Why UltraVNC SC is more secure?
- UltraVNC is about 850k while SC is only about 166kSC can only do a reverse connection while the normal version server can listen to viewer connections.
- SC can NOT be run as a service, no logon or Ctrl-Alt-Del is supported.
- SC can only do File Transfers, Directory transfer is not yet supported (but will be soon).
- SC don't use registry and password. Settings are preconfigured, password is not needed for an outgoing connection.
- The SC version is initiated by the person that shares his desktop: he needs to voluntary click to initiate the connection.
- You can use up to 128bit encryption. The encryption level depends on the OS and installed MS Crypto api.
- The server can only connect to the IP address you have predefined.
- No incoming connections, no unattended service connection.
- SC is automatically and systematically uninstalled when the connection is closed.