Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-12-2008

How do I get the HTML code to display as HTML code?

Hi everybody,

I would like to post some HTML code and have the visitors &paste; copy them to their own websites.

When I enter HTML codes RapidWeaver executes them when publishing instead of displaying the code. Is there anything I can write before and after the code in RapidWeaver so that the code displays instead of being run?

Like in this forum you have to write [code] to get the code displaying like this (hence code):

Code:
< div class= "js-kit-comments" permalink = "" ></ div >
Thanks for helping me.
Regards
Old 26-12-2008

Re: How do I get the HTML code to display as HTML code?

High-light sounds like what you need.

High-Light is a RapidWeaver plug aimed at the user who wants to include sourcecode on his webpages. This plugin extends the available options for formatting Styled Text areas in RapidWeaver. It generates properly syntax colored, or CSS tagged, XHTML output for text pasted into a Styled Text area that is marked with High-Light. It also preserves the stewardship of the text is marked so that the output is generated as close to the original text as possible. Additional options available is that linenumbers can be automatically generated.

What's new?
Support for RapidWeaver 4.0. Implemeted workaround for non-validating XHTML-source-code from highlight.
Old 26-12-2008

High-Light is excellent and easy to use. It also supports more languages syntax.

I also like Google syntaxhighlight.
It's more work to set up on your page however.

Here is screenshot of both displayed in RW.
The top is High-Light using HTML language.
The bottom is syntaxhighlight using CSharp language.

Very Best,

Old 26-12-2008

Hi Adalbert and Adley

Thank you very much to both of you for your fantastic help! That was exactly what I was looking for.

I decided to use High-Light (without all the different colors for the tags) and it works great.

Thanks again and kind regards,

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: