Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-12-2008

Removing and remapping network drives using logon script

Hi

I am currently using a logon script to map drives based on OU membership. I have recently changed servers and would like to point my network mappings to this server. The problem I have is that when i try to remove the old mapping and map the new, the drive is not being mapped on first logon. If I log off and back on then it works.

This is what i am currently using to remove the mapping and then map. The drive letter is U:

If isMember("Wholesale") then
objNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive "G:",True,True
objNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive "U:",True,True
End If

If isMember("Wholesale") Then
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive "E:", "\\FRTSSFTP\ABCClients", True ' Connect E: to \\FRTSSFTP\ABCClients
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive "G:", "\\FRECFPS\Shared", True ' Connect G: to \\FRECFPS\Shared
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive "S:", "\\FRTSITS\S_Drive", True ' Connect S: to \\FRTSITS\S_Drive
objNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive "N:"
'Wscript.Sleep(20000)
DriveMapper "U:", "\\FRECFPS\HomeDirs\" & strUser'" ' Connect U: to \\FRECFPS\HomeDirs\UserName
End If

I need to map the u drive based on the user who logs in.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Charlene Jacobs
Old 17-12-2008

Re: Removing and remapping network drives using logon script

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...tworkDrive.htm

http://www.amset.info/loginscripts/network-drives.asp

Just go through this links.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,