Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-12-2008

Synchronization of databases

I had as a topic for project synchronization my databases's now seeking where should I started it , Is there someone who can put me on the right path?

Development environment:
  1. Server database Mysql
  2. Language:. Net or asp.net, SQL
  3. VB2003

Thank you in advance
Old 15-12-2008

Re: Synchronization of databases

it may be that we do not understand your question. Synchronizing MySQL database it is just I think. One is the master and slave. It is therefore not bidirectional.Now if you have to make a bi-directional synchronization programmatically, it's that you say a little more. Depending on how your tables are structured you will encounter some problem and not others. For example if there are auto-incremented index in the tables is a problem that your program will have to handle ..
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolute55 View Post
it may be that we do not understand your question. Synchronizing MySQL database it is just I think. One is the master and slave. It is therefore not bidirectional.Now if you have to make a bi-directional synchronization programmatically, it's that you say a little more. Depending on how your tables are structured you will encounter some problem and not others. For example if there are auto-incremented index in the tables is a problem that your program will have to handle ..
Contrary to what has been said, Bi-directional replication exists in MySQL from version 5.1 (perhaps 5.0 but is not sure). I recommend reading the excellent article http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/...plication.html available from MySQL. In addition it provides specific information for implementation. All this looks like a student and the principle of a student project is to be himself to learn. In my opinion, the subject is: Write a synchronization tool 2 databases. And tables are not given. It's about a little free, to show you what you can do. Say in addition, we will see what we can do for you ....
Old 15-12-2008

Contrary to what has been said I am not so sure that the bi-directional synchronization exists in MySQL 5 Anyway I do can not be ....

First in the link that you give it comes to replication, not synchronization, subtle nuance. Then I do not see no bi-directional synchronization. I see a replication circular configuration with a first A to B and then a configuration from B to A. This is not really the same thing. These are two master-slave configurations chained ultimately more a trick than anything else.

If you leave MySQL to go in the field of Erlang and its database Mnesia distributed. When you have a basis on two network nodes A and B, a transaction in any of the nodes is passed (which also made) on the other, and there was not a replication (copy of table), but this was which is the true synchronization, and there is no master or esclavle in the configuration not defined. Here is the true bi-directional synchronization. But Erlang and Mnesia is also another world . probably more advanced in which slavery was abolished long ago, is said without Troller

So I think no bi-directional synchronization, in MySQL 5 or another. But maybe I do not understand. I do not ask better than to learn and that is me
Old 15-12-2008

Just a clarification, not a copy table during replication of MySQL. The change order data is "replicated" on the other server. This article is a circular replication, far from being a "trick". I am not a fervent supporter of MySQL, it's just a clarification that I am following a study for a client that I conducted. The goal was to make a cluster active-active MySQL and this solution we are sufficient to provide this service, even if the quality is not up to Oracle RAC. After that, "synchronization" or "replication" I am not an expert. If you can explain this difference in more "clear" that in your post, it would be welcome. I think we strayed also the subject of post too.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,