Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-12-2008

How to create library in php

Hi,

I Want To Know Is it possible to create libraries (dll) in php ?

Thank you in advance
Old 15-12-2008

Re: How to create library in php

what do you mean? and What do you want do exactly? It is best to expose to the problem directly that you are facing ?
Old 15-12-2008

I have a set of classes that I use in my project, which can be used elsewhere, including conversion of class time and money, ... and I want to know if I can put them together into a library that I would thereafter create util.dll or something like that.
Old 15-12-2008

In fact you have several possibilities to create your library:
  • You created the PHP files that you included on the pages they need. In this case I advise you to use the PHP include_path directive to keep life simple.
  • You created files in C in for which you created specific PHP functions. In this case you can add them to PHP.
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpace View Post
In fact you have several possibilities to create your library:
  • You created the PHP files that you included on the pages they need. In this case I advise you to use the PHP include_path directive to keep life simple.
  • You created files in C in for which you created specific PHP functions. In this case you can add them to PHP.
The first solution is what I take now, but the second i think is not very useful, against me by what I want is a dll whose source code is hidden, and I want to 'includes it once and for all in my application.
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaya View Post
The first solution is what I take now, but the second i think is not very useful, against me by what I want is a dll whose source code is hidden, and I want to 'includes it once and for all in my application.
But whatever happens anyway in your PHP source code is not visible (at least from the time an application is hosted on remote server and the user has no control over files). Only the result HTML generated by the PHP which is visible. Unless you speak of an application where the files offline sources are available to the user?

If this is the second case it is and you do not want the source code is visible to the user who owns the files, PHP is not the proper language. You need a compiled language.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,