Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-12-2008

Communication between driver and application

Hello,

I wonder if you can help me or at least provide links on my problem.

I expose:

I created a driver for hooker ZwCreateFile function of the Win32 API. I managed to retrieve the name of the file is called setting in the ZwCreateFile. Now, I wish I could convey that name in a Win32 application.

Do you know how should I proceed?

Thank you in advance.
Old 15-12-2008

Re: Communication between driver and application

At the initiative of the driver, I do not know too much, but it is certainly possible somewhere.

In particular, you should at least be able to report a synchronization object to be accessible to a user-mode ...

Or at worst, unblock a kernel thread that was invoked by a call to DeviceIoControl () alongside user-mode, allowing DeviceIoControl () to return. You could then later that encapsulate user-mode in a kind of WaitForNextHook ()...

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,