Thread: Need script for website with firefox only

Need script for website with firefox only

Someone who has a script or an encoding that only people who have firefox going sideways? Shall explain a little short how I feel.

I tried to visit a website a website through IE, I would get a box that says you use IE and this page is for people who have firefox. Also, it is an ok box and when I click the OK, it does nothing and then says, you do not have firefox and you will be sidelined! Is there any coding or script for this? And I would like tips on where it is on web or if someone wants to get it in this thread.

Re: Need script for website with firefox only

I think that the javascript can find out what you have for browsers, and then determine if it will not enter the page or not. So that redirects to two different sides, depending on what you have for browsers. Do not know however how this script looks like.

There is a php script that is capable of this, there is a website that allows you to do this. Type Select FF over IE. Dont remember the URL so I can not give you the code.

I use this to have a separate CSS to the Internet explorer, probably can be done if other between the tags.
    Code:
    <!--[ If IE]> 
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="original.css" type="text/css"> 
    <! [endif] ->
    The advantage is that it is the only internet explorer which read these tags, and do not need to rely on the client javascript enabled, everything is in the header.

This is one of the things that are to do done. You should not do browser-specific solutions. You should not use browser bugs to get things that look like they want. Give priority to more important things, follow the standards and the page can be displayed for all. Availability and quality, please, do not throw out junk on the web.

editing add (I answer your question anyway):

So just use "Browser detection" if you really know what you are doing. It should preferably be deleted from what is in navigator.userAgent + use indexOf function that returns -1 if it finds a string in another.

navigator.appName contains the browser's official name, but you know you can change it in some,...Opera / WebTV.

Testing by example javascript: document.write (navigator.appCodeName) in the address bar, you get code name.