Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-11-2008

Sizing automatic font in Excel

I have a number of cells that contains the long character which does not get properly stored in the same cell.

To see all the words contained in cells with long sentences, I had to reduce much of the character, but losing too readability. At the time all the cells are set with the same character (6), but I want to make sure that every cell has a character suitable for the size of the cell (which I repeat is standard), possibly without having cells one by one and manual operation.

What I try in essence is whether there is some education, taking a particular cell and its contents, the appropriate font size of the maximum possible so that the writing is legible without leave from the edges.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Old 26-11-2008

Re: Sizing automatic font in Excel

I am not there for a specific function to notice if the text is longer than the cell ... Some addresses with calls to API, the calculation of pixels or twips occupied in width from the string ...

I suggest a "smart":

1. For each cell controlled create a temporary Textbox that has the same font and tighten the cell. The property AUTOSIZE the TextBox is True.

2. Identifying the cycle. Width that if more of. Width of each cell cycle produces a decrease in the Font size of a certain size (typically a 0.5) ...
Old 26-11-2008

Re: Sizing automatic font in Excel

Hi,

I also had the same issue regarding how to manage the characters in the same cell,after lot of search I come to a some conclusion that as under.
At the end I resolved so that the cells were checked by a few thousand, but they were always generated by the same 30-40 strings that I have the list, I checked manually 30-40 these cells showing next to each font maximum allowed, then combined with cycles of vertical search and downsizing of character I have arranged everything quickly.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: