Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which database to Use?
MySQL 4 44.44%
SQL Server 2005 2 22.22%
Oracle 2 22.22%
MaxDB 1 11.11%
Postgres 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-11-2008

Which Database to use?

Hi,

I am planning to design a portal, which will ask for user input to feed the personal data,upload images and documents such as in the format of PDF,word,excel files and my core development will be in the JAVA language, this will be done only at initial level,In short there will be only one portal and one backend database which will store the information.Hope I clear with my idea.
So,my question is:
Which Database system should I refer to store the data.I have already added the desired databases to the poll.please add if you have sugestions:

Thanks
Old 18-11-2008

Re: Which Database to use?

MySQL and SQL Server 2005 both are best. but i will suggest go for MySQL
Old 18-11-2008

Well I would suggest you to go for Oracle because it is highly recommended if you have a big set up. Also it serves a best security and works faster irrespective of your database length.
Old 18-11-2008

Its depends on your requirement and if you have a good budget. Oracle is not free software like Postgres and Mysql. But comparatively i would prefer Oracle coz it must faster en any other. Postgres and Mysql both are user friendly DB.
My Vote goes to Oracle.
Old 18-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
Hi,

I am planning to design a portal, which will ask for user input to feed the personal data,upload images and documents such as in the format of PDF,word,excel files and my core development will be in the JAVA language, this will be done only at initial level,In short there will be only one portal and one backend database which will store the information.Hope I clear with my idea.
So,my question is:
Which Database system should I refer to store the data.I have already added the desired databases to the poll.please add if you have sugestions:

Thanks
The following Database are Best to use with the following operating system

Windows -- SQL Server
Linux – Mysql
Unix –Oracle.
Old 18-11-2008

Thanks for your reply,

Budget is not an Issue, If is satisfies my basic requirements,here are some of them.
  1. Is it capable of fetching the records from the both end.
  2. Will it remotely authenticate the user who try to manipulate the data.
  3. Can we eliminate unspecified vulnerability to affect the confidentiality and integrity of data on the target system.

Thanks once again.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: